College of Science Undergraduate Research Colloquium
The College of Science and STEM Accelerator invite undergraduate students to participate in the 8th Annual Undergraduate Research Colloquium (URC). The purpose of this event is to showcase the variety of undergraduate research projects in the College to the Mason community. All students engaged in undergraduate research at any level in any academic unit within the College of Science are encouraged to participate.
This year’s event will feature a student poster session and awards, including overall, category, and student’s choice awards. Presentations will be judged in four categories Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Earth Sciences and STEM Learning & Education. This event is FREE of charge for all Mason students, staff, and faculty. Refreshments will be served.
Students, use the tabbed sections below to register your poster, submit an abstract and view poster details.
Faculty, staff, and graduate students: please consider being a judge for this event. Complete the Volunteer to Judge form below and you will be contacted by a colloquium organizer.
Location: Center for the Arts Lobby
Date: Thursday April 26, 2018
1-2pm Poster Session A
2-3pm Poster Session B
3-3:30pm Networking reception and Student’s Choice Award
3:30-4pm Dean’s Address and Poster Awards
Complete the information below to submit your abstract to present a poster at the College of Science Undergraduate Research Colloquium. The list of authors must be in the same order that you intend to display on your poster. It is your responsibility to insure your research mentor has reviewed and approved the abstract prior to submission. Abstracts will be published in an electronic abstract booklet that will be distributed by email to Mason’s faculty, staff and students.
**Group submissions are welcome, however posters should only be submitted once. Indicate the group members who will be present at the Colloquium by placing an asterisk next to their name in the full author list.
All abstracts (300 words or less). Due Date EXTENDED April 3, 2018 by 5:00pm
- All posters for this event must be 3ft x 4 ft and in the landscape orientation. Please download the template above to be sure you have the correct size and orientation.
- Modifications can be made to the boxes on the poster template, which has been provided as an example of what to include on a research poster.
- If your poster is not created in PowerPoint, the final document needs to be a PDF.
- Send your completed *.pdf or *.ppt electronic document to Julia Nord by 5pm, April 16, 2018, by 11:59pm.
- Posters submitted by this deadline will be printed FREE of charge by the College of Science and brought to the Colloquium on the day of the event. If you do not meet this deadline, presenters will be required to print their poster at their own expense and bring it with them to the event.
Complete the information below to volunteer to judge at the College of Science Undergraduate Research Colloquium. All Mason faculty, research staff, and graduate students are eligible to be judges. Judges will be contacted in early April with further instructions. Judging will occur during the poster session from 1-3pm.