We’re hiring! Come work with us!
Fiscal and Admin Specialist, Department of Geography and Geoinformation Science
The George Mason University, Department of Geography and Geoinformation Science (GGS) in the College of Science invites qualified applicants to apply for our Fiscal and Admin Specialist position. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
The GGS Fiscal and Admin Specialist supports the Department Chair, faculty, and staff in the daily administration of the department. The incumbent will provide a wide variety of support including procurement, travel, department operations, student services, events, and academic support for faculty and students. The incumbent will work closely with the other members of the GGS office staff to maximize all facets of department functions and provide continuity of operations.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Knowledge of general office procedures, systems and equipment;
- Intermediate experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs;
- An aptitude for learning specialized software such as Ellucian Banner and Blackboard;
- Experience interfacing with diverse customers;
- Ability to work well with others;
- Strong organization and communication skills;
- Ability to effectively navigate complex situations;
- Ability to multitask; and
- Ability to self-initiate tasks and bring them to closure.
- Knowledge of George Mason University procedures;
- Intermediate experience with the Microsoft Office suite of programs; and
- Experience working at a large, public institution of higher education.
To apply, visit https://jobs.gmu.edu/postings/46379.