Office: 2409 Exploratory Hall
Telephone: (703) 993-3615
Fall 2019 Office Hours:
- Hurricane intensity changes and rapid intensification
- Climate changes
- Exploratory data analysis, and scientific data mining applications
- Spatio-temporal data mining
- Yang, R, 2016: “A Systematic Classification Investigation of Rapid Intensification of Atlantic Tropical Cyclones with the SHIPS Database,” Wea. Forecasting. Vol. 31, No. 2. pp 495–513.
- Yang, Ruixin, Jiang Tang, Donglian Sun, 2011: Association Rule Data Mining Applications for Atlantic Tropical Cyclone Intensity Changes. Wea. Forecasting, 26, 337–353. doi: 10.1175/WAF-D-10-05029.1
- Yang, R., D. Sun and J. Tang, 2008: “A “sufficient” condition combination for rapid intensifications of tropical cyclones,” Geophys. Res. Lett., 35, L20802, doi:10.1029/2008GL035222. 16 October 2008.
- Yang, R., J. Tang and M. Kafatos, 2007: “Improved associated conditions in rapid intensifications of tropical cyclones,” Geophysical Research Letters, 34, L20807, doi:10.1029/2007GL031241.
Academic and Professional Activities
- EOS 754: Earth Observing/Remote Sensing Data and Data Systems
- CSI 654: Data and Data Systems in the Physical Sciences
- CSI 710: Scientific Databases
Professional Organization Membership:
- American Geophysical Union (AGU) (2000-present)
- American Meteorological Society (AMS) (2003-present)
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers, Inc. (IEEE), Computer Society (2000-2004, 2006-present)
- American Meteorological Society (2003-present)
- American Astronomical Society (AAS) (1993)
- American Physical Society (APS), Fluid Division (1989)