Dean, College of Science
Director, Center for Earth Observing and Space Research
Ph.D. The Ohio State University
Office: 3204 Exploratory Hall
Telephone: (703) 993-9265
Fax: (703) 993-9614
Sample current sponsored projects:
- Workshop on GeoSpatial and GeoTemporal Informatics, Sponsor: NSF, 9/08-8/09.
- Spatio-Temporal Tracking of Entities: Determining Object Location from Text Descriptions Through Spatial Analysis, Sponsor: NGA, 9/08-8/10.
- Automated Image-Based Linear Feature Extraction and Updating, Sponsor: NGA, 9/03-8/09.
- Digital Image Processing & Analysis
- Remote Sensing
- Spatiotemporal Information Modeling and Management
- Geospatial Information Systems
- C. Wang, A. Stefanidis, A. Croitoru & P. Agouris, 2008. Map Registration of Image Sequences using Linear Features, Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing, Vol. 73, No. 1, pp. 25-38.
- P. Doucette, P. Agouris & A. Stefanidis, 2008. Self-Organising Map Principles Applied Towards Automating Road Extraction from Remotely Sensed Imagery, in Self-Organising Maps: Applications in Geographic Information Science, (P. Agarwal & A. Skupin, eds.), John Wiley & Sons Ltd., UK, pp. 177-194.
- P. Agouris, A. Croitoru & A. Stefanidis, 2008. Feature Integration for Geospatial Information: A Review and Outlook, in Digital Government: Advanced Research and Case Studies (H. Chen, L. Brandt et al., eds.), Springer Verlag, pp. 353-376.
- M. Duckham, A. Croitoru & P. Agouris (Eds.), 2007. Special Issue ‘From Sensors to Systems: Advances in Distributed Geoinformatics’, ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Vol. 62, No. 5.
- C. Wang, A. Stefanidis & P. Agouris, 2007. Relaxation Matching for Georegistration of Aerial and Satellite Imagery, IEEE ICIP 07 (International Conference on Image Processing), San Antonio, pp. V.449-452.
- A. Stefanidis, Ch. Georgiadis & P. Agouris, 2006. Orientation of Ground Level Motion Imagery Using Building Facades, Photogrammetric Engineering & Remote Sensing, Vol. 72, No. 9, pp. 1061-1072.
- Dean’s Award of Excellence, by the College of Engineering, University of Maine
- ASPRS Presidential Citation, by the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
- Early Career Research Award, by the College of Engineering, University of Maine
- NSF CAREER Award, by the Computer and Information Science and Engineering Directorate of the National Science Foundation
- The VI Talbert Abrams Award, by the American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing