Ph.D, George Mason University
Affiliate Faculty:Global & Community Health | Center for Social Complexity
Office: 2210 Exploratory Hall
Telephone: (703) 993-5646
- Multi-agent simulation models on HIV/AIDS
- Geographic Information Science
- Environmental & Natural Resources Conservation
- Food Nutritional Security Policy
- Infectious disease epidemiology in HIV/AIDS
- International Health Policy
- Howard, A.L., Komwa, M.K., Yohane, R., and Jacobsen, K.H. 2011. Household Market Participation and Stunting in Preschool Children in Lilongwe, Malawi. Provisionally accepted by the South African Journal of Clinical Nutrition, 1:24(4), 1-3.
- Komwa, M.K., Jacobsen, K.H., and Parker, D.C. 2010. HIV/AIDS-Associated Dietary and Work Beliefs and Practices in the Mayuge District of south-eastern Uganda. Journal of Population, Health & Nutrition, 28(1), 76-85.
- Parker, D.C., Jacobsen, K.H., and Komwa, M.K. 2009. A Qualitative Study of the Impact of HIV/AIDS on Agricultural Households in south-eastern Uganda. International Journal of Environmental Research & Public Health, 6(8), 2113-2138
Academic and Professional Activities
- Geographic Information Systems
- Conservation of Resources and Environment
- Environmental Policy Making in Developing Countries
- International Health Policy & Practice
- Health and Disease
- Perspectives on Food Security
- Nutrition for Health Professionals
- George Mason University Provost Teaching Excellence Award: recognized for high-quality teaching in general education courses, 2007.
- Norman Borlaug Leadership Enhancement in Agriculture Program (LEAP) & International Food Policy Research Institute – support for doctoral research in Uganda, 2007.
- Robert Bosch Foundation Award: Funding for doctoral research in Uganda, 2006.
- The Rockefeller Foundation Graduate Fellowship (MA studies in Geographic Information Sciences for Development and Environment), 2001.