Feras A. Batarseh
Research Assistant Professor
Ph.D. Computer Engineering, University of Central Florida, 2011
M.Sc. Computer Engineering, University of Central Florida, 2007
B.S. Computer Science, Princess Sumaya University
for Technology, 2006
Graduate Certificate, Project Leadership (Systems Engineering), Cornell University, 2016
Intelligent Software Systems
Big Data Analytics (Data Science)
Context Aware Software
Software Testing (V&V)
- Batarseh, F., Yang, R., and Deng, L., “A Comprehensive Model for Management and Validation of Federal Big Data Analytical Systems”, Published at Springer’s Journal of Big Data Analytics, 2017.
- [Book] Batarseh, F., and Yang, R., (Editors), “Federal Data Science: Transforming Government and Agricultural Policy using Artificial Intelligence”, Published by Elsevier’s Academic Press, 2017. Available on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Federal-Science-Advanced-Analytics-Agricultural/dp/0128124431
- Batarseh F., Pithadia, J., “Context-Aware User Interfaces for Intelligent Emergency Applications”, Proceedings of the Tenth International and Interdisciplinary Conference on Modeling and Context (Springer’s Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence), Paris, France, 2017.
- Batarseh, F., and Yang, R., “Intelligent Methods for Managing Geospatial Data at the US Federal Government”, IEEE Proceedings of the Sixth International Conference on Agro-Geoinformatics, Fairfax, VA, 2017.
- Batarseh, F., and Yang, R., “Context-Driven Testing of Analytical Tools through Kansei Engineering”, A paper poster presented at the Annual Conference on Biologically Inspired Cognitive Architectures (BICA), Artificial Intelligence and Cognition Workshop, New York, NY, 2016.
- Batarseh, F., and Abdul-Latif, E., “Assessing the Quality of Service Using Big Data Analytics – with Application to Healthcare”, Published at Elsevier’s Journal of Big Data Research, 2015.
- Batarseh, F., and Gonzalez, A. J., “Predicting Failures in Agile Software Development through Data Analytics”, Published at Springer’s Transactions: The Software Quality Journal, 2015.
- Batarseh, F., and Gonzalez, A. J., “Validation of Knowledge-Based Systems- A Reassessment of the Field”, Published at Springer’s Artificial Intelligence Review, February 2013.
- Batarseh, F., and Gonzalez, A. J., “Incremental Lifecycle Validation of Knowledge-Based Systems through CommonKADS”, Published at the IEEE Transactions on Systems, Man and Cybernetics (TSMC-A), 2012.
Academic and Professional Activities
- Professional Organization Membership:
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Association for Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Florida’s Artificial Intelligence Research Society (FLAIRS)
- American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE)
- Software Test Professionals (STP)
- Intelligent Systems Lab at UCF (ISL)