Office: 2416 Exploratory Hall
Telephone: (703) 993-9260
Fall 2019 Office Hours:
By appointment only
- Spatial statistical analysis with GIS, especially the modifiable areal unit problem (MAUP)
- Spatial Dimensions of Segregation and Ethnic Diversity
- 3D GIS
- Spatial Epidemiology and Public Health
- Wong, D., 2008. A Local Multi-Dimensional Approach to Evaluate Changes in Segregation. Urban Geography 29(5): 455-472.
- Lu, G.Y. and D. Wong, 2008. An Adaptive Inverse Distance Weighting Spatial Interpolation Technique. Computers & GeosciencesI/i> 34: 1044-1055
- O’Sullivan, D. and D. W. Wong. 2007. A Surface-based Approach to Measuring Spatial Segregation. Geographical Analysis 39: 147-168
- Griffith, D. A. and D. W. Wong. 2007. Modeling Population Density across Major U.S Cities: A Polycentric Spatial Regression Approach. Journal of Geographical Systems 9: 53-75.
- Allen, T.R. and D.W. Wong, 2006. Exploring GIS, Spatial Statistics, and Remote Sensing for Risk Assessment of Vector-Borne Diseases: A West Nile Virus Example. The International Journal of Risk Assessment and Management 6 (4/5/6): 253-275.
- Wong, D. W. 2005. Formulating a general spatial segregation measure. The Professional Geographer, 57(2): 285-294.
- Wong, D.W. and J. Lee, 2005. Statistical Analysis and Modeling of Geographic Information,/i>. Wiley & Sons. (The book was translated into Chinese and published in 2008)