Office: 2411 Exploratory Hall
Telephone: (703) 993-1215
Fall 2019 Office Hours:
- Physical Geography
- Remote Sensing
- Resource Assessment
- Environmental Studies
- Developing Countries
- Haack, B., 2007. Land Use/Cover Mapping with Varied Radar Incidence Angles and Seasons, GIScience and Remote Sensing, 44 (4): 305-319.
- Haack, B. and G. Khatiwada, 2007. Rice and Bricks: the Unusual Crop Rotation Pattern of the Kathmandu, Valley, Nepal. Environmental Management, 39: 774-782.
- Haack, B. and A. Rafter, 2006. Urban Growth Analysis and Modeling in the Kathmandu Valley, Nepal, Habitat International, 30: 1056-1065.
- Haack, B. and N. Herold, 2006. Comparison and Integration of Radar and Optical Data for Land Use/Cover Mapping, GeoCarto International, 21 (4): 9-19.
- Haack, B. and A. Falconer, 2006. Remote Sensing for Land Management, invited manuscript to the United Nations Economic Commission of Africa Land Information Management Systems in the Knowledge Economy Symposium, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia 4-8 December, 49 pgs.
Academic and Professional Activities
- GEOG 102 – Physical Geography
- GEOG 412 – Aerial Photography
- GEOG 416 – Satellite Image Analysis
- GEOG 579 – Remote Sensing
- GEOG 580 – Digital Remote Sensing
- Winner 2011 George Mason University Teaching Excellence Award for Teaching with Technology
- Nomination 2010 George Mason University Teaching Excellence Award for Teaching with Technology
- ESRI International User Conference, Third Place “Best Web Application Award” with Fang Qiu, Ron Briggs, Jianghong Li, Jill McElroy, Qi Li, and Daniel Turner (2006)
- University Consortium for Geographic Information Science (UCGIS) Summer Intergraph Young Scholar Award, 2005
- Graduate Division Dissertation Fellowship, 2002
- Outstanding Teacher in Geography, Department of Geography, UCSB, 2000-2001
- AM/FM International Scholarship, 1996
- Western Coal Transportation Association – Outstanding Student in Transportation, 1996
- University of California – Santa Barbara, Regents Special Fellowship, 1995-1999
- Douglas B. Carter Award for excellence in Geography, 1994
- Illinois Geographic Society – Outstanding Senior in Geography Award, 1994
- University of Illinois Scholarship Association Award, 1994