Office: 2204 Exploratory Hall
Telephone: (703) 993-5428
Fax: (703) 993-9299
My current research focuses mainly on spatio-temporal data processing and analysis. With the increasing availability and coverage of location sensors, such as GPS, video, or RFID, it is now possible to track the location and monitor other attributes of moving objects. This unprecedented wealth of spatio-temporal data poses new research challenges. I am particularly interested in processing multi-dimensional trajectory data. My overall goal is to develop an algorithmic foundation that will allow to utilize spatiotemporal data and facilitate various tasks such as indexing, clustering, classification, and summarization. In addition to these topics, I have also been active in several other research areas, concentrating mainly on Image Processing and Image Analysis, Digital Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing, Applications of Spatial Statistics in GIS and Geospatial information systems.
- Computational GeoInformatics
- Image Processing and Image Analysis
- Digital Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing
- Spatial Statistics in GIS for data quality evaluation
- Agouris, P. and Croitoru, A. (eds) (in press) Next Generation Geospatial Information: From Digital Image Analysis to Spatio-Temporal Databases. ISPRS Book series, Taylor & Francis
- Stefanidis, A., Wang, C. and Croitoru (submitted). Map registrationof images using linear features. Accepted for publication in the ASPRS Photogrammetric Engineering and Remote Sensing Journal
- Talesnick, M., Bar Ya’acov, N., and Croitoru, A. (submitted). Centrifuge modeling of a multiply jointed Voussoir beam. Accepted for publication in the Rock Mechanics and Rock Engineering journal.
- Xu, J., Wang, C., Hu, Y., Croitoru, A. and Tao, V. 2005. A web based risk assessment system and service for child safety: the case of mid-town Toronto. Geomatica, 59(2): 149-158
- Liang, S.H., Croitoru, A., Tao, V. 2005. A distributed geo-spatial infrastructure for sensor webs. Computers and Geosciences, 31(2): 221-231.
Academic and Professional Activities