“In a world driven by data, university graduates with a solid base of data knowledge have a distinct edge in the job market.”
The Department of Computational and Data Sciences, College of Science, offers a Computational and Data Sciences Minor designed to equip graduates with knowledge and skills to enhance their careers.
Benefits of a CDS Minor
Students enrolled in the CDS minor have the benefit of following their passion with their undergraduate degree while adding the data knowledge and skills employers want and entrepreneurs need.
Enrolling gives you access to CDS Department resources including:
- career coaching & career fairs
- job opportunities & networking
- internship opportunities
CDS Minor Courses (15 credits total)
The CDS Minor consists of 5 courses:
One course from the following:
- CDS 130 – Computing for Scientists (3 credits)
- CDS 101 – Introduction to Computational and Data Sciences (3 credits)
Three CDS courses at the 200+ level (9 credits)
One 300+ level College of Science or School of Engineering course (3 credits)
Enrolling in the CDS Minor
- Minor Declaration Form
Please email it to Dr. Joseph Marr, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Register for courses! (You may take a few courses before you declare).
- Have questions? Contact Dr. Joseph Marr, email@example.com