Funding Opportunities by Name
The annual competition for Graduate Fellowships begins with the application period which opens each year in August at which time a deadline consistent with those of NSF and other fellowship granting organizations will be posted. Only those applications which are complete, with all supporting materials and documents provided (including Reference Reports) by the posted deadline will be assured of full consideration by the Foundation. Untimely or incompletely-submitted applications will be entertained only at the Foundation’s discretion and convenience.
Each year’s competition concludes at the end of the following March, at which time the Foundation’s Board of Directors determines the most highly qualified Fellowship applicants and the number of new Fellowships which available resources will be able to support.
The next Hertz Fellowship Application due dates for academic year 2019 – 20 are:
Application opens: August 15, 2018
Deadline to submit application: Fall 2018
References due by: Fall 2018
Two Research Positions in Urban Data Analytics and Simulation
Student Researchers (undergraduate or graduate level) – Two open positions within the DataLab. Salary will be $15-20/hour depending on qualifications.
The DataLab, College of Science at George Mason University invites qualified students (graduate or undergraduate level) to join the Data Science Research Group starting in January 2018 to work in an interdisciplinary research team that focuses on sponsored data science research in relation to urban movement analytics and simulation. Successful applicants will support the development of various software packages that have been generated as parted of research projects.
This is a part‐time, 20 hours per week position.
- One position will be responsible for maintaining and extending a Web-based exploratory data analytics platform that has been developed by our research group.
- The second position will be responsible for extending a Java-based micro simulation framework.
Required Qualifications Demonstrated experience developing and supporting:
- Java applications.
- Demonstrated experience installing, configuring, maintaining and supporting MongoDB databases and/or Elasticsearch.
- Demonstrated experience installing, maintaining and supporting Linux environments.
Enrollment: Interested students should send their CV to Dr. Dieter Pfoser (email@example.com) and Dr. Nektaria Tryfona (firstname.lastname@example.org). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
NATIONAL PARK SERVICE INTERNSHIPS
The following six internships with the National Park System are available IMMEDIATELY. For full consideration, you must apply using the working title listed. Provide a current resume, transcripts, list of three professional references with contact information and letter of interest electronically to Jim Pieper email@example.com or by phone at 202-339-8327. All applications will be reviewed as they are submitted, and the advertisement will remain open until the position is filled.
- NPS Fish Data Intern (Part-Time)
- NPS GIS Data Management Intern (Part-Time)
- NPS Hydrology Intern (Part-Time)
- NPS Natural Resource Museum Collections Intern (Part-Time)
- NPS Natural History Museum Technician (Part-Time)
For additional information on graduate fellowships, please contact: