Funding Opportunities by Name
TDI Data Science Intern
TDI is currently seeking a motivated data science intern to support the firm’s analytics team. This paid internship is an opportunity to gain experience in managing large amounts of data and use machine learning and natural language processing to source and analyze data.
This role will work closely with TDI Analytics team members building a platform for addressing data science problems related to identifying reputational and regulatory risks for commercial clients.
This a temporary position for 8 to 12 weeks, full-time during regular business hours this summer.
Open to Bachelor or Master’s students in relevant fields.
Graduate Teaching Assistant Application AY 19-20 now open!
The Department of Computational & Data Sciences is seeking applications for Graduate Teaching Assistant (GTA) positions during the 2019-2020 academic year (Aug. 25, 2019 – May 24, 2020). This application is available to current full-time graduate students only. Please send a CV, your advisor’s recommendation and the filled out form to email@example.com by 5/01/2019
Please see the application form here
Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President – Graduate Funding
Are you a graduate student seeking funding? The Office of the Provost and Executive Vice President provides Graduate student fellowships and grants to enhance academic performance, promote research of consequence, and advance professional development.
Visit their website for additional information: https://provost.gmu.edu/academics-and-research/graduate-education/awards-and-grants
National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) – INTERNSHIPS
National Rural Electric Cooperative Association (NRECA) is hiring interns. They offer competitive intern pay. Many of these opportunities are in the Business Technologies and Strategies division, and all of them will have the opportunity to participate in a Data Science / Machine Learning project.
Visit this site for additional information: https://nreca.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/4/home?c=nreca.
GreenZone Solutions, Inc. is hiring Data Scientist
- Meet with vital agency leaders and backers, collaborating with other consultants and advising agency personnel regarding the development of innovative data analysis techniques.
- Build data ingestion and pipeline processes for innovative analytics platforms using best practices and open source tools such as, NiFi.
- Develop and apply quantitative and qualitative analytic methods to identify, collect, process and analyze large data sets for specified purposes.
- Develop analytical solutions that are scalable, repeatable, effective, and meet the expectations of the decision-makers and stakeholders.
- Conduct analysis and make recommendations that significantly affect the content, interpretation, or development of major programs and policies.
- Develop polished, high-impact persuasive reports and presentations that enable strategic decision-making supporting the project’s mission.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, quantitatively-focused social sciences, or other quantitative fields.
- 1 to 4 years of experience working with large and varying data sets, applying qualitative and quantitative analysis to interpret the data.
- Knowledge and experience utilizing open source and business intelligence tools such as Python, R, Java, and SQL.
- Preferred Experience with Tableau, AWS, Apache, Hadoop, NiFi, OrientDB, HBase, ElasticSearch, and JIRA.
- Understanding of and experience with building canned and ad-hoc reports based on user requirements.
- Proficient in MS Office with advanced skills in Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Projects, and Visio.
- Strong writing skills and experience conveying highly technical material to non-technical audiences.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze data sets to determine trends, establish strategies, and make decisions.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences and influence cross functionally.
- Experience working in the federal contracting space is highly desired.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a government suitability clearance.
Two Research Positions in Urban Data Analytics and Simulation
Student Researchers (undergraduate or graduate level) – Two open positions within the DataLab. Salary will be $15-20/hour depending on qualifications.
The DataLab, College of Science at George Mason University invites qualified students (graduate or undergraduate level) to join the Data Science Research Group starting in January 2018 to work in an interdisciplinary research team that focuses on sponsored data science research in relation to urban movement analytics and simulation. Successful applicants will support the development of various software packages that have been generated as parted of research projects.
This is a part‐time, 20 hours per week position.
- One position will be responsible for maintaining and extending a Web-based exploratory data analytics platform that has been developed by our research group.
- The second position will be responsible for extending a Java-based micro simulation framework.
Required Qualifications Demonstrated experience developing and supporting:
- Java applications.
- Demonstrated experience installing, configuring, maintaining and supporting MongoDB databases and/or Elasticsearch.
- Demonstrated experience installing, maintaining and supporting Linux environments.
Enrollment: Interested students should send their CV to Dr. Dieter Pfoser (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Dr. Nektaria Tryfona (email@example.com). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
NATIONAL PARK SERVICE INTERNSHIPS
The following six internships with the National Park System are available IMMEDIATELY. For full consideration, you must apply using the working title listed. Provide a current resume, transcripts, list of three professional references with contact information and letter of interest electronically to Jim Pieper firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 202-339-8327. All applications will be reviewed as they are submitted, and the advertisement will remain open until the position is filled.
- NPS Fish Data Intern (Part-Time)
- NPS GIS Data Management Intern (Part-Time)
- NPS Hydrology Intern (Part-Time)
- NPS Natural Resource Museum Collections Intern (Part-Time)
- NPS Natural History Museum Technician (Part-Time)
For additional information on graduate fellowships, please contact:
|Funding Opportunity Name||Details|
|GreenZone Solutions, Inc. is hiring Data Scientist||Job|
|DZYNE Job Opportunities||Job|
|Open PhD Position at Institut Pascal (France) ||Job|
|National Park Service Science Internship, Volunteer, and Career Opportunities||Multiple Positions|
|NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program||Fellowship Programs|
|Ford Foundation Fellowship Programs - Predoctoral, Dissertation and Postdoctoral||Fellowship Programs|
|Maryland Sea Grant||Grants|
|ORAU Careers||Fellowship Programs|
|Kavli Nanoscience Institute SURF-the-WAVE Fellowships||Fellowship Programs|
|GMU Federal Work Study||Federal Work Study|
|DOE Computational Science Graduate Fellowship||Fellowship Programs|