Here is the science news, relating to George Mason and the College of Science, that you may have missed in the month of May 2014: (more…)
As course instruction comes to an end and convocation nears, we want to take this week to highlight students from the 2014 graduating class in the College of Science. Congratulations to the entire class of 2014! View full convocation details.
Earth Science, BS
2014 Convocation Student Speaker
Tyler Fabian, from Virginia Beach, Virginia, will receive a bachelor of science degree in earth science, with a concentration in secondary education, at the College of Science 2014 Convocation. (more…)
Periodically we will ask you, our students, alumni, faculty and friends, to submit stories for the COS and Career Services websites.
From now until May 5th we are asking that students and alumni submit their internship or job success stories, and alumni can include career success stories, to Jen Pollard at email@example.com.
Some discussion points that would be extremely helpful for prospective COS students at Mason include:
- Any internships you had while at Mason – what industry they were in, what resources on campus may have helped you obtain the internship, how the skills you learned through your courses at Mason helped you to succeed/grow your professional network
- How your degree has been valued by employers
- Different opportunities that have presented themselves to you based on your studies at Mason
- How your education has been applicable to your current industry
- How you’ve successfully forged a career path after Mason
- Any other stories or motivational information you could provide to current students
We wold love to showcase your story to help students and families better understand all of the potential opportunities that exist for COS students both during their studies at Mason as well as after graduation.
Acting Deputy Secretary of Defense is Set to Speak at Convocation
This past March, Acting Deputy Secretary of Defense Christine Fox spoke to a small group of Mason students and faculty at the College of Science Dean’s Distinguished Alumni talk.
We are excited to announce that Deputy Secretary Fox will return to campus to speak at the 2014 College of Science convocation. Deputy Secretary Fox is an alumna of George Mason University, having received an M.S. in Applied Mathematics, and a B.S. in Mathematics from the university.