2018 Degree Celebration Ceremony & Party
Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2018
Ceremony: 2 p.m.
Location: EagleBank Arena, George Mason University, Fairfax Campus
Keynote Speaker: Leland Melvin, Former NASA Astronaut
Student Speaker: Meghan N. Andrews, Bachelor of Arts in Geography with a minor in Geographic Information Systems
Reception to follow: Exploratory Hall, 1st floor
Timeline of Events
- 1 p.m. Students Line-Up in Parking Lot A
- 1:30 p.m. Processional Preparation
- 1:45 p.m. Processional
- 2 p.m. Call to Order and Welcome
- 2:15 p.m. Ceremonial Address
- 2:30 p.m. Presentation of Diplomas
- 4 p.m. Reception
RSVP & Information for Graduates
- Assemble at 1 p.m. in Parking Lot A at the sign for your degree and major.
- You will be given a card to write your name as it sounds (phonetically). You will hand this card to the usher on stage; this is the way your name will be read properly as you walk across the stage.
- Wear your cap and gown when you arrive. You will not be allowed to participate without a cap and gown.
RSVP for the 2018 Degree Celebration
All fields are required to submit your response. View FAQs and additional details about the day’s timeline of events.
- Doors open at 1 p.m. Seats are first-come-first-served.
- No tickets are required for this event, bring as many guests as you like.
- Parking: Please park in any surface lot as directed by the parking attendants.
If it is raining on the afternoon of Wednesday, May 16, there will be no procession for bachelor’s and master’s degree candidates in the event of rain.
Instead, graduates should report directly to the EagleBank Arena via the loading dock on the lower level of the East side. You will be seated by college and by major on the floor. Look for signs indicating your college and major.
Faculty marshals will be there to assist you. Call 703-993-1000 if you’re unsure about the line-up location because of weather conditions.
For disability accommodations at the ceremony, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.