COS Links Newsletter no.3
Inside this issue:
Free For You
- The 2013 Earth 2100 Conference, for Youth
- Center for Excellence in Education to host TEP Bite of Science session for teachers on October 8th.
- Geography course for teachers
- Check out Periodic Elements
- Mason biology & biochemistry “pencasts” are free and you can make your own STEMcasts
- Keep an Eye on the Environment, with Mason’s Environmental Science and Policy Newsletter
- Professional development with Mason’s College of Science
- High school students can take college courses at Mason
- High School students should plan to apply for next year’s (2014) summer research program at Mason
- Teachers are invited to see the student research results in August
Opportunities: Special Focus for Math Teachers and Students
- Math Circles for talented math students, and summer opportunities
- Mason is offering Mathematics Professional Development Opportunities for K-12 Teachers
- Mason’s COMPLETE Center Professional Development opportunities and resources
About COS Links
COS Links is a list of resources for teachers and students and also provides guidance for teachers interested in forming educational partnerships with the college. COS Links is a bi-annual publication of the College of Science (COS) at George Mason University.
For more information, please contact Reid Schwebach, College of Science Outreach Coordinator, at 703-993-7028 or email@example.com.