COS Links Newsletter no.2
Inside this issue:
Free For You
- Data scientist visit for your high school classroom
- Check out Periodic Elements Magazine
- Visiting scientist lectures for your grade 6-12 classroom
- Professional development with Mason’s College of Science
- High school students can gain hands-on research experience at Mason this summer
- High school students can take college courses at Mason
- Mason is hosting the Regional Chesapeake Bay Bowl
- Mason’s environmental studies facilities host a number of outreach activities
- Do you know a high school student who wants to be a math or science teacher?
- Summer program for under-represented minority students who will enroll at Mason
- Teachers have opportunities for studying at The Smithsonian-Mason School of Conservation
- Dr. Harold Geller recommends Astronomy and Science Education resources
About COS Links
COS Links is a list of resources for teachers and students and also provides guidance for teachers interested in forming educational partnerships with the college. COS Links is a bi-annual publication of the College of Science (COS) at George Mason University.
For more information, please contact Reid Schwebach, College of Science Outreach Coordinator, at 703-993-7028 or firstname.lastname@example.org.