Today's weather and climate
The College of Science is housed on two George Mason University campuses:
- Fairfax Campus at 4400 University Drive, Fairfax, Virginia 22030 [map]
- Prince William Campus at 10900 University Boulevard, Manassas, VA 20110 [map]
Both locations are easy to reach from the Capital Beltway and Interstate 66. Public transportation to all of our locations via Mason’s free Metro shuttle to the Fairfax Campus and local bus lines to both locations is also available.
Visit the University Transportation Department home page to help with your travel plans.
Take the Shuttle
- Prince William Shuttle About a 30 minute ride between Prince William and Fairfax Campuses
- Mason to Metro Shuttle Take the Metro to/from downtown using the Mason shuttle
- Gunston Go-Bus. free transportation to anyone with a GMU ID between the Fairfax Campus, Fair Oaks Mall, Fair Lakes Center, Fairfax Corner and University Mall.
Ride your Bike
There are many bike trails and routes to Mason, and plenty of bike parking on campus. See the Transportation department's Biking page for more information
- Zimride ride sharing Mason Zimride is a fun and easy way to share the seats in your car or catch a ride. With Zimride, you can find Mason friends, classmates, and coworkers going the same way you are.
Zipcar at George Mason University
Need a car? Borrow a Zipcar. George Mason has partnered with Zipcar to bring self-service, on-demand car sharing to the area. To use Zipcars, simply register as a member, reserve a car online or by phone, use your Zipcard to enter the car, and drive away. Return the car to the same location where you picked it up. As a member you get:
- Access to Zipcars 24/7
- Discounted hourly rates for George Mason faculty, staff and students age 18 and older. Rates start at just $8 per hour
- Gas, insurance, and maintenance are included for free
- Join for only $35 a year, and receive $35 in driving credit your first month
There are two cars located on Mason Pond Drive across from Mason Hall and two at the Arlington Campus on the top level of the Truland garage. Join today at http://www.zipcar.com/gmu.
Take the Metro or Bus
Plan your Commute
- Commuter News & Info. Keep up-to-date on all this construction.
- Parking OK, so you got here by car. Now what?